Women’s Day celebrates the achievements of the women of South Africa through their struggles for empowerment and full equality.
But this Women’s Day we want you to take the girl power even further by accepting our challenge to spend the day celebrating being uniquely and wonderfully YOU.
That’s one day of no self-criticism and no negative self-talk. One day of no guilt and no shame. One day to love and appreciate just how beautifully flawed and perfectly imperfect you are RIGHT NOW – no improvements needed.
And who knows, one day might just turn into a week, a month or even a lifetime!
Here are some fun ways to celebrate YOU this Women’s Day:
- Have something decadent for breakfast and don’t care (or share!)
- Spend time outside and soak up the sun. Do it with a cocktail in your hand if you like.
- Nourish your soul. Spend time alone if that’s what you need, or organise a long lunch with your girlfriends.
- Phone and reconnect with an old friend that you haven’t spoken to for a long time.
- Treat yourself to something you want but don’t need.
- Watch that movie or series you’ve been meaning to see.
- Laugh at yourself. A lot.
- Whether it’s to your favourite CD at home or to the radio in the car, sing as loudly and badly as you want.
- Smile more. The more you smile, the happier you will feel.
- Love yourself. Enjoy the life that you have been given, and embrace this day with open arms as the best version of YOU.