Instead of waiting for the New Year to get rid of all the Festive Season toxins, why not START the New Year cleansed, energised and revitalised? Try these easy mind, body and soul detox tips:
Detoxing the mind by getting rid of negative thoughts and perceptions can take weight off your whole being. Try these three positive psychology methods to help get rid of negative thoughts:
- Three Good Things Every Day – Try writing down three things that are going well and why. Do this every day for a week.
- Using Your Signature Strengths – Try writing down what you believe are your personal strengths (e.g. creativity or loyalty) and then use them in a different way daily.
- Five-Minute Rant Write Down – Take five minutes every week and write down every negative thought that comes into your mind. Then take that piece of paper and tear it up, bury it or shred it.
A body cleanse can be as simple as helping your body eliminate waste products and toxins with the Herbex Detox range. Or you can try these tips to make your body detox even easier and more effective.
- Remove all temptations from the house – either wait to begin your detox until your stock of snacks and treats has run out, or throw/give them away. It’s much easier to resist temptation if it simply isn’t there.
- Be prepared – decide which type of detox you want to do and make sure you have your “menu” mapped out. Shop accordingly and make sure you have plenty of filtered water at hand.
- Start your morning by dry skin body brushing (with a natural bristle brush) to remove dead skin cells while also supporting your lymph fluids. Skin is the largest organ of elimination, so it’s important to keep it clear and help it expel toxins.
- Wake up every morning and do some gentle stretches and breathing exercises. You could even try buying a relaxation or guided meditation CD to help bring some calmness to your body and mind. Doing yoga is also great.
Soul cleansing is the cherry on top of the personal cleansing process. It is the part of the process that lightens the spirit and helps leave you feeling clear, purposeful and content.
- Meditation – Try meditating every day, even if it is just a minute or two. All you have to do to meditate is sit quietly for a few moments and let the thoughts come and go and breathe deeply. Be sure to turn off your phone, computer or whatever distracts you. Just be still with yourself.
- Gratitude – Gratitude lifts the spirit and fills the soul with positivity. Each day try waking up asking, “What am I grateful for?” Go to bed asking the same question and throughout the day express your gratitude to those around you.
- Service – Try being of service by giving back to others, whether it is a few hours a week, or a month or a year. Find an organisation in your community (or beyond) that speaks to your soul and one that you feel you can really contribute to.